19th April - 23rd April 2021 (London, UK) 21st June - 25th June 2021 (London, UK) 6th December - 10th December 2021 (London, UK)
This workshop is designed for engineers, geologists, lawyers, planners and community engagement specialists as well those who in the course performing their functions would require understanding of technical reports.
Technical report writing involves the ability to write in a clear and concise manner which is a mark of a good technical person. An engineer must be able to translate the formulae, numbers, and other engineering abstractions into an understandable written form suitable for making commercial, legal and management decisions.
A technical report must inform readers of the reasons, means, results, and conclusions of the subject matter being reported, simply put an outstanding technical report must be fit for purpose.
- Technical Report Writing: Understanding the mechanics of quality technical report writing.
- How to structure a technical report in a logical sequence to produce an accurate professional document for decision making.
- How to prepare the report in a presentable easy to comprehend language and format.
- Understand the use of mathematical illustrations in report writing.
- The creative phase of planning.
- Writing and Revision of the drafts.
- How to reference a good technical report
- The essence of writing a technical report
- The basic rules of technical report writing
- The structure of a technical report
- Planning, layout and language of effective report writing
- Use of visual aids-diagrams, graphs, formulas and other mathematical illustrations.
- Originality and plagiarisms
- Finalizing the report
Planning production programmes.
|Duration||This is a one-week programme spread over 5 working days. working days|
|Certification||A certificate of completion is issued on successful completion of the programme.|
|Travel and accommodation||Travel and accommodation to be paid for at source by delegates|
|Fees||Course fees for tuition, materials and certification:£4,000 (Excl.VAT) per delegate for 1 week.|