17th May - 21st May 2021 (Dubai, UAE) 2nd August - 6th August 2021 (London, UK) 1st November - 5th November 2021 (London, UK)
High standards of financial management are central to all other reforms in the public sector. Prospective donors attach growing importance to effective financial management systems.
The aim of this programme is to help countries pass these tests by increasing and deepening knowledge of good financial management practices throughout their public sector community. It is designed for policy makers, financial practitioners and line managers with financial and resource management responsibilities.
Participants and their organisations will benefit from increased knowledge of modern, public financial management practices and the high standards expected of the public sector. With this knowledge, participants will be able to review the resource allocation mechanisms and budgetary and financial controls within their organizations and ensure that resources are better planned and controlled and are consistent with political priorities.
will be able to understand:
- The importance of a stable planning and budgeting framework to economic and financial management, propriety and efficiency in the public sector
- The need for medium-term financial planning and how effective planning and
Budgeting should work in the public sector
- The role of budgeting in performance management and resource allocation
- The key elements of and evolutions within sound public financial management systems
- Medium-term Expenditure Frameworks(MTEF)and planning
- The principles of good governance in a modern public sector, including institutional arrangements and organizational responsibilities for Public Financial Management (PFM)
- Effective resource allocation in support of the strategic objectives of the organization
- Policy-based budgeting and controls linked to MTEF and to outputs and outcomes
- Accounting, recording, monitoring and reporting
- Proactive budget management
- External scrutiny and audit
- Tax and revenue management
- Debt management
- Financial probity and propriety
|Duration||This is a one-week programme spread over 5 working days. working days|
|Certification||A certificate of completion is issued on successful completion of the programme.|
|Travel and accommodation||Travel and accommodation to be paid for at source by delegates|
|Fees||Course fees for tuition, materials and certification: £3,750(Excl.VAT)per delegate for 1 week.|