19th April - 23rd April 2021 (London, UK) 2nd August - 6th August 2021 (Dubai, UAE) 6th December - 10th December 2021 (London, UK)
Rock Physics, a key component in oil and gas exploration, development, and production combines concepts and principles from geology, geophysics, petrophysics, applied mathematics, and other disciplines to provide the empirical relationships, understanding and theory to connect petrophysical, geomechanical and seismic data to the intrinsic properties of rocks. This course is developed for reservoir geologists, geoscientists, drilling engineers and geophysicists and lithology analysts who want to equip themselves with the required knowledge of accurate lithology prediction to optimize all imaging and reservoir characterization solutions and a collaborative well planning functions.
- Understand the concept of rock physics and properties and the impacts on in Oil and Gas exploration and production.
- Acquire solution-based reservoir characterization knowledge to build mechanical earth models for solving geo-mechanical problems.
- Enhancing the identification of sweet spots and creates a collaborative well planning platform
- Understand how to execute and fast track well planning on various projects on oil and gas assets
- Gin knowledge of computing property maps (Net and gross Reservoir thickness, fluid type) from the Horizon tool box
- Familiar with depth trend analysis for the different facies (Shale, Gas sand, Oil and Sand and Brine sand) and understand reservoir characterization seismic inversion
- Log based fluid substitution and up scaling
- Well Data Loading and QC and blocky modelling
- AVO Fluid Substitution Gassmann
- Reservoir rocks and fluid properties-Gas, oil or wet sand net thickness, Poisson, ratio, VP/Vs
- Rock Doc 2D Modeling, 1d and 3D geomehanical models, petrel and SPPM
- Synthetic Gathers and depth conversion
- Wavelet Extraction and seismic data loading
- Log Elastic Properties, acoustic impendence or elastic impendence (EI)
- 3D Inversion using the available angle of stacks and derived wavelets and depth trend analysis
- Ji-Fi QC plots and Analysis, inversion QC and setting up of inversion algorithm
|Duration||This is a one-week programme spread over 5 working days working days|
|Certification||A certificate of completion is granted on successful completion of the programme.|
|Travel and accommodation||Travel and accommodation to be paid for at source by delegates|
|Fees||£4,250 (Excl. VAT) per delegate for 1 week.|