22nd March - 26th March 2021 (Dubai, UAE) 14th June - 18th June 2021 (London, UK) 11th October - 15th October 2021 (London, UK)
This course is developed to provide an understanding of the role of an effective warehouse management in the end to end supply chain and also to learn best practices for warehouse operating processes and control.
The course is designed for procurement and purchasing professionals, production and manufacturing professionals, warehouse and distribution professionals, logistics professionals and supply chain professionals who desire a modern approach to warehouse management and control.
This course will enable the participants to understand the importance of effective operating processes and the establishment of a performance management programme that ensures continuous improvements.
At the end of the course, delegates will be better able to:
- Understand the role of warehouse in the value chain
- Learn best practices for warehouse operating processes.
- Optimize the flow of goods across processes
- Use inventory analysis and product classification
- Leverage resources and develop new capabilities
- Acquire skills in warehouse management techniques
- Understand the importance of strategic location and structuring of the warehouse.
- Create a good warehouse with performance management and metrics.
- Overview of warehouse management, layout strategies and design
- Warehouse infrastructure strategies--- Classes of warehouse, location strategy, layout and design, warehouse automation and information technology.
- Warehouse operating processes and principles-- Picking, shipping, break-bulking, cross-docking, assembly, cycle counting, inventory physical audit and other key functional processes.
- Warehouse Best practices--- Benchmarking.
- Product Classification---Three-dimensional inventory classification and segmentation.
- Inventory analysis and Control--- Importance of inventory, inventory efficiency and control, handling work in progress, and replenishing methods and strategies.
- Managing People---- Employee satisfaction, incentives, employee training and evaluation.
- Outsourcing---- Opportunities and Risks.
- The Role of information technology for efficient warehousing.
- Supplier collaboration models and strategies.
- Role of performance management in warehousing.
- Implementing performance evaluation using key performance indicators (KPI)
- Contemporary trend in warehousing.
|Duration||This is a one-week programme spread over 5 working days. working days|
|Certification||A certificate of completion is issued on successful completion of the programme.|
|Travel and accommodation||Travel and accommodation to be paid for at source by delegates|
|Fees||Course fees for tuition, materials & certification: £4,000(Excl.VAT) per delegate for 1 week.|